- This is your life Powerpoint Template.pptx (1.881 MB)
Your final exam will be the creation of an electronic scrapbook of your life in terms of physical, social, and cognitive development and the theorists for those areas of study.
You will be graded on your descriptions of the three areas of development (physical, social, and cognitive) and how these relate to the theorist we’ve studied during this course. Since it’s a scrapbook, please insert pictures of yourself (or what you might look like in the future.)
The provided template has a layout for you to use. You may change the format to meet your creative needs, including the addition of slides. However, the content must include the three areas for development for each lifespan stage and the connection to the theorists and their applicable stages. The only exception will be on your prenatal development slide where you have no social development. You must include a picture(s) for every developmental stage. (Most of the pictures on the template are me, but obviously, a few are not since I’m not old or dead yet!)
Please note that the template is just that. I’ve not expended any energy into creating a creative presentation, but I expect for you to do so. Part of your rubric includes creativity, so have a little fun with this.
Things To Do List:
- Create an electronic scrapbook using the provided PPT template.
- Look at what we have covered in class as far as the developmental stages and theories. Most of these have been covered in the PPTs we have used in class. Think about examples to use on your â€œThis is Your Lifeâ€ book.
- Begin building your scrapbook.
- Find old and current pictures of yourself.
- Find pictures that might resemble how you might look in the future. Pictures of older relatives could be great resources, or you can find pictures on the web.
No, you may not die at birth and be done with the project. For the case of the assignment it probably would be nice if everyone will live until at LEAST their 70s – remember the average American lives to be about 78.7 years old. Look at your family history (nature) and the way you live your life (nurture) for clues on how you may DIE. Please donâ€™t kill yourself off early