Week #13 Discussion Topic
Here is this Week’s Discussion Topic:
In his First Letter to the Corinthians (and as analyzed in Johnson’s subsequent commentary), we learn that St. Paul wrote this letter as a “response” to a community he had previously visited, a community that drifted away from his teachings and returned back to their old ways of sin.
Using 1 Corinthians and Johnson’s commentary as your starting point, explain what sins led to the division of the Church in Corinth. Explain Paul’s response for addressing these divisions. Not repeating previous discussion postings, explain how the difficulties of serving as a pastor of the First Century parallel the difficulties of the pastor in today’s age. What are the similarities and differences of the “weak Church” from the First Century vs. today? How do you address successfully a “weak” people today who fall back into the sins they were taught to avoid, based on the approach that St. Paul utilized almost 2000 years ago?
- You must respond to the question(s) posted for the week in less than 12 hours.
- Posting must be at least two paragraphs in length (4-6 sentences per paragraph), cited with references from the Online Lecture & Johnson#Chapters 11-12.
- If I The Instructor response to your postings, then I will share with you his comments, and you will have 12 hours to respond to what the instructor asked you to do.
- Response MUST be based exclusively from Online Lecture & Johnson#Chapters 11-12provided and NOT from any other outside sources.
- Also, you need to answer completely the attached file named “Week #13 ACTIVITY – Pauline Literature II-2”
- To answer the questions of that related to the video, kindly watch the video from this link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cAqy2g_syqku7DyiS…
VIP: KINDLY NOTE THAT I am Muslim and I just taking this course because itâ€™s required to complete my degree plan at my school, so please take that in consideration when you write the response.