iLab 3 of 6: Create a Web Page Using CSS in Dreamweaver
Submit your assignment to the Dropbox located on the silver tab at the top of this page.
(See the Syllabus section Due Dates for Assignments & Exams for due dates.)
Scenario and Summary
This iLab supports the following TCOs.
TCO 3—Given an original source document, convert the document to a web page using HTML and CSS.
TCO 4—Given an older website that requires updating, review the techniques used to create the current site, develop a plan to revise the site using CSS layout techniques, client-side scripts, and other current website design techniques, and convert the web pages based on the plan.
Create an index.html file and create an external CSS file based on the specifications given in the assignment.
- You will need to create an internal and external CSS.
- You will also need to attach an external CSS file to the original page.
- index.html with attached external CSS sheet
- style.css file
|A||Create HTML and CSS files (style.css)||3|
|B||Internal (embedded) CSS||22|
|C||Tag Selector CSS||22|
|D||Class CSS (index.html with attached external CSS sheet)||23|
Access the software at https://devrydesktop.rkon.com.
Download the lab3Content.docx document found in Doc Sharing.
Part A: Create HTML and CSS Files (3 Points)
Step 1: Create a New HTML File (1 point)
- Open Dreamweaver and create a new HTML page.
- Enter index.html as the web page name.
Step 2: Copy Content From the Word Document (1 point)
- Open the lab3Content document found in Doc Sharing.
- Paste the content into the index.html page.
Step 3: Create a CSS File (1 point)
- Create a new CSS page.
- Save the file and name it styles.css.
Note: If your styles.css file does not show when needed in the remaining steps, then click on the attach stylesheet icon, select browse, locate the styles.css file, and then click OK. (The styles.css will automatically be linked to the index.html file in the head section of the code.)
Part B: Internal CSS (22 Points)
Step 1: Create an Internal CSS (10 points)
- Go to the index.html file and create an internal CSS for the following properties. Use the Page Properties option in the Properties Panel.
|Background color for the body||A light tan: #FC6|
|Font color for all text in the body||A dark blue: #039|
|Font for all text in the body||Comic Sans MS|
|Font size for all the text in the body||Body: 14 points|
|Link color for all links||Dark red: #CC0000|
|Visited link color for all links||Dark red: #CC0000|
|Rollover link color for all links||Dark green: #060|
|Active link color for all links||Dark red: #CC0000|
|No link should be underlined for all links||Never underline|
Step 2: Apply Internal CSS (12 points)
- Your index.html page should reflect the styles from above.
- Go back to Page Properties if the page did not update with your internal CSS.
Part C: Tag CSS (22 Points)
Step 1: Create Tag CSS (10 Points)
- For all of the following tags, create the CSS rule from the descriptions below.
- Hint: To create a CSS, you need to click on the New CSS Rule in the CSS panel on the right-hand side. Watch Adobe TV on best practices for creating a style sheet. You will need to enter Style Sheets or CSS in the Adobe TV searchbox (http://help.adobe.com/en_US/dreamweaver/cs/using/WScbb6b82af5544594822510a94ae8d65-7e32a.html).
|H2||Text color: #333, bold|
|H3||Background color: #39f
Border on the bottom with the following rules
Text color: #030
Padding of 15 pixels on all sides
|li||Font family: Arial
Background color: gray
Text color:black, bold
Text size: 18 points
Step 2: Apply Tag CSS (12 points)
- Apply the new tag CSS to the content on the page.
Part D: Class CSS (23 Points)
Step 1: Create a Class CSS (10 points)
- Create a new CSS rule using a class CSS. You will need to select the option to include the class CSS to the styles.css file.
|Navtable: This class will be applied to a navigation table.||Font family: Times Roman
Background color: #0ff
Text color: bold, center
|example1:This class will be applied to Example 1.||Background color: #699
Text color: #033, bold
Text size: 10 points
Margin on all sides: 25 pixels
Padding on all sides: 25 pixels
|example2:This class will be applied to Example 2.||Background color: #66c
Border on all sides with the following rules
Text size: 10 pixels
|header:This class will be applied to the heading IEBGENER STUDY GUIDE.||Font family: Arial
Background color: #6ff
Text color: 030
Text size: 36 points
Margin on all sides: 50 pixels
Padding on all sides: 50 pixels
Step 2: Apply the Class CSS (12 points)
- Apply the class CSS as done in the class CSS steps above.
Step 3: Upload Zipped File (1 point)
- Your index.html page should have all inline, tags, and class CSS applied.
- Create a folder called CIS363A_YourLastName_Lab3.
- Put copies of each required deliverable into the new folder.
- Right-click on the folder and select Send To -> Compressed (zipped) Folder. You can also use other tools to compress the files into a single zip folder (e.g., 7-zip).
- Upload the zip file to the weekly iLab Dropbox in eCollege.
- Click here to have a similar paper done for you by one of our writers within the set deadline at a discounted…