You have been asked to be the project manager for the development of an information technology (IT) project. The system to be developed will allow a large company to coordinate and maintain records of the professional development of its employees. The company has over 30,000 employees who are located in four sites: Florida, Colorado, Illinois, and Texas. The system needs to allow employees to locate and schedule professional development activities that are relevant to their positions. Sophisticated search capabilities are required, and the ability to add scheduled events to the employeesâ€™ calendars is desired. The system needs to support social networking to allow employees to determine who is attending conferences and events. This will promote fostering relationships and ensure coverage of conferences that are considered of high importance.
Once an activity has been completed, employees will use the system to submit the documentation. The system should support notifications to management personnel whenever their direct reports have submitted documentation. The system should also notify employees if their deadline to complete professional-development requirements is approaching and is not yet satisfied.
The goal is to get this system up and running at the start of the next fiscal year.
- Work together with role playing (1 Project Manager, 1 customer, others may be system architects and developers) to identify the system requirements and all risks, and rate each risk.
- Each member selects 1 of the highest risks. Explain why these are considered high-risk, and explain their potential effect on the project.
- Outline a risk mitigation strategy for the each of the selected high risks.
- Summarize the challenges the team faced and how you worked them out.
- Create a 10â€“15-slide PowerPoint presentation that covers 1â€“4 above.