Submit your Works Cited page for your Literary Analysis Essay on Sula in MLA here. Be sure to submit it as an attachment so that the formatting is retained.
Here are some guidelines to remember:
- Your Works Cited page should have a minimum of three entries:
- one for the novel
- two from articles connected to your discussion (at least one of those articles should come from the MDC databases; both can come from the databases). I will send you the articles
- Formatting for Works Cited:
- Center the words Works Cited one inch from the top of the page.
- Double-space within and between entries–no extra spaces between entries.
- Every line after the first for each source is indented.
- Sources are listed in alphabetical order.
- You can use one of the citation builders to create the entry: Easy Bib, Citation Machine, or any other that you find reliable and helpful. Remember that these donâ€™t always provide you with the correct spacing and indentation, and you may have to tweak those in your paper. Also, check that the entry looks like a works cited entry should for the type of document you are citingâ€”whether a journal article, an interview, a magazine article, a chapter from a book, etc.
- Email your professor with questions. You want to get this right so that no points are lost to formatting errors.
Your Works Cited page will be graded according to the following criteria:
- Centered Works Cited heading: 10 points
- Alphabetical listing of sources: 10 points
- Correct spacing and indentation: 20 points
- Correct information for each entry: 30 points
- At least 3 sources:
- the novel
- at least one database article another article (from the database or not) 30 points
(Please note that you can list more than 3 sourcesâ€”three is the minimum and must include each of the above)