Please see the attached for details. This paper is for two pages. Let me know of there is any questions.
As Prothero explains: â€œAt the heart of [his] project is a simple, four-part approach to the religions, which I have been using for years in the classroom and at lectures around the world. Each religion articulates:
- a problem;
- a solution to this problem, which also serves as the religious goal;
- a technique (or techniques) for moving from this problem to this
- solution; and
- an exemplar (or exemplars) who chart this path from problem to solution.â€ (pg. 17-18)
He then includes two examples (see Prothero, â€œIntroductionâ€) of this â€œfour-part approachâ€.
Using Protheroâ€™s model described in the introduction (see below):
- choose 2 religions that we have studied thus far;
- and use the â€œfour-part approachâ€ for each of the two.
- Does Prothero identify a core “problem” that the religion is addressing? Do you agree that this is the central problem? why or why not? Support you answer with quotes from the text.
- Explain what challenges you had in completing this exercise.
- Also, comment on the ways the exercise: (1) can limit oneâ€™s understanding of the tradition you chose, and (2) can be useful for understanding the tradition you chose.
Your written response should be in a maximum of 2 pages (500-700 words). You must include reference to the readings in your writing.